The Laka Lady comes in myriad forms. She is both big + small, thin + voluptuous, sexy + prude, conservative + liberal, spirited + sometimes blocked, dramatic + calm, happy + sad, athletic + sedentary at times, and everything in between. But there is a spark in the Laka Lady to hold her own version of self-care as paramount. Beyond the physical, but in her own way of defining spirituality + nutrition + meditation. There are no rules within Laka Living except doing everything with authenticity that is nothing short of flammable. She energizes herself through dance, movement, and plant medicine and absolutely knows real from fake. We are on the search for the Laka Lady in various forms and their inidvidual 10 Laws of Living....
Courtney King, our collaborating creative director at Laka Living, is the perfect mix of Georgia peach + forward-modern when it comes to conceptualizing how to deliver tonic food infusion to the masses, especially millenials. She helps to bridge the gap between the science of food and delivering tonic products that help you feel like you really are wearing what you eat. Does this make sense? Bottom line: this Laka Lady lets creativity run through her, never letting her love for others be put on the back burner. With a background in Fashion design + textiles, and many micro-lines of clothing on her record, she helps sew the spirit into "Spirit Food Rooted In Plant Chemistry".
1. SPIRITUAL CONNECTION holds some of the most significant moments in life. Connect with the higher power. Everything starts and ends with our creator. He knows our truest self, most intimate desires, and our highest purpose. Believe in the power of prayer, for hope, for healing, for purpose, for understanding, and for joy beyond all circumstance. Have faith in things unseen and discover what can be seen by the human eye is only a tiny piece of this puzzle.
2. BE THANKFUL. Don't take things for granted, don't take more than you need, and don't expect to receive. Expectation always steps on the heels of disappointment.
3. RELATIONSHIPS. Really take time to nurture the relationships that matter most to you. Accept certain truths. Don't ever expect someone to change for you.
4. INDEPENDENCE. Don't expect anyone else to support you. Independance comes at your own speed, but push yourself to make choices for growth in every opportunity.
5. BE FEARLESS. Don't let worries about the future consume you. Don't let fear hold you back. It will try to paint the worst possible scenario and tell you you can't in every situation. Look fear in the face every day and simply say, "fuck off fear"..
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Seek out what YOU believe, don't be told what to believe.
7. RESPECT YOUR BODY. Enjoy it, don't be afraid to embrace it, and don't be too hard on it. Your body is your biggest tool in life. It is our only vehicle to navigate the ever changing roads ahead. The race is long, and in the end its only with yourself, so love living in your own skin. When you embrace every inch of yourself, you begin to understand that there is a whole other world out there waiting for you.
8. EXPRESS YOURSELF. Have fun and don't take life to seriously, but if you have something serious to say, don't hold back! Use your voice to stand up for what you believe. Let your passions and dreams fill up every part of you, let it create the path for you.
9. DO ALL THINGS WITH LOVE. Listening to your head can defiantly be of value, but always follow your heart. Shine bright & inspire others. Love isn't always the easiest choice but love always wins.
10. WEAR SUNSCREEN. Megan was right and now I have sun spots...